To be eligible for Portugal’s Golden Visa, an applicant must meet the following qualifications:
- Legal residence in any country as well as citizenship in a country that is not a member of the European Union, or “EU.”
- Possession of a valid passport.
- Age of least 25 years. Ability to pass stringent security background checks.
In addition, applicants must show proof of one of the following actions:
- Investment in real estate in Portugal, paid in full, that totals a minimum of 500,000 euros, or “€500,000”. There are no restrictions on the kinds of real property that can be purchased, and purchases can be added together to meet the minimum required expenditure.
- Bank account funds transfer of at least €1,000,000 to a bank located in Portugal.
- Creation of a minimum number of jobs for Portuguese workers, usually through the establishment of new or expanded business operations within the country’s boundaries.
Once requirements are met and the completed application file is properly submitted, processing takes about 30-90 days.